Changes in PixFiler 5.4.17 (27-Jun-2016)
- fixed a bug that caused the Bulk Update to sometimes report that 0 photos were updated even if several photos actually were updated.
- fixed a bug that could cause the program to crash randomly on some computers.
- PixFiler now uses Google Maps for showing location for geotagged photos.
Changes in PixFiler 5.4.16 (20-Feb-2016)
- fixed a bug that caused IDs containing a hyphen to be stored wrongly.
- fixed a bug that could cause previous photo to not be erased when stepping backwards in full screen mode.
- fixed a bug that sometimes caused thumbnails where stored too big. This would cause program to be slow.
- fixed a bug that could cause wrong white balance for RAW image files.
- improved cache size for thumbnails so they will display faster on large screens.
- fixed several minor bugs.
Changes in PixFiler 5.4.15 (25-Aug-2015)
- fixed a bug that caused three of the messages when adding new photos to be shown in Norwegian.
- fixed a problem with overlapping fields in the Annotation Form when size in Windows display settings were set to more than 100%.
- fixed a problem that could cause category names to be shortened.
- fixed a problem when generating web pages. New line in the text were ignored.
Changes in PixFiler 5.4.14 (04-Jun-2015)
- fixed a problem with zooming in full screen mode.
- fixed a problem with the Place and Event data fields. They would not scroll sideways when entering long text.
- fixed a problem with annotation reports. Categories were always printed, even when you choose not to print them.
- fixed some minor problems in the program.
Changes in PixFiler 5.4.13 (11-Feb-2015)
- fixed a problem with the %GPS_LAT% and %GPS_LONG% variables.
- added support for variable %FILENAME% as default value in data fields.
- fixed a problem could cause PixFiler to not see that a photo had already been imported.
Changes in PixFiler 5.4.12 (31-Jan-2015)
- the Category select form will now automatically appear if you choose to add/remove categories in Bulk Update.
- fixed a problem that could cause other fields to be hidden behind the Description Field.
- fixed a couple of problems when reading EXIF information from RAW files.
- improved routine that looks for "lost" image files. It's now faster and does a better job finding the file(s).
Changes in PixFiler 5.4.11 (28-Nov-2014)
- fixed a problem in events. If the event text had " in it. PixFiler would show the wrong photos when chosing this event in the Navigator.
- fixed a data problem that could slow down the program if you had photos with no date.
- fixed a Navigator program so it will now remember the width of the Navigator View. A bug caused it to revert to default with when starting the program.
Changes in PixFiler 5.4.10 (15-Oct-2014)
- improved performance when making a copy of the photo index when exiting the program. Will be a lot faster if you have many photos and have your index stored on a server.
- fixed a problem that could cause categories to be incorrectly deleted.
Changes in PixFiler 5.4.9 (25-Jul-2014)
- added support for raw format for many new cameras.
- fixed a bug that could cause problems if the filename of the photos had multiple . in it.
- fixed a bug in the add photos form. If you typed in the folder name, the field would sometimes be cleared and you would have to type the folder name again.
Changes in PixFiler 5.4.8 (21-May-2014)
- PixFiler will now automatically check if a new release is available.
- you can now choose if you want a list of matching places and events to appear automatically.
- PixFiler will suggest to disable the list of places and events if this feature runs slowly on your computer.
- fixed a bug that caused the program to be slower than necessary if multiple pictures were attached to a description.
- fixed a bug that caused too many folders to be searched if you choose to attach duplicate photos.
- fixed a bug that could (rarely) cause PixFiler to not extract picture date from the photos exif information.
Changes in PixFiler 5.4.7 (17-Feb-2014)
- Bulk Update Form: Will now automatically show a list of suggested values based on what you type.
- Annotation Form: Will now show a list of suggested values in the 'Place' and 'Event' fields.
- fixed a bug that could cause a deleted category to reappear if the database was exported. This could also happen when using the Create CD functionallity.
- under some circumstances, it was possible to create a sub category without selecting a main category.
- PixFiler installation could fail if you installed a new version without stopping the program. It will now stop automatically if you check for new version in the menu and decide to install the new version.
Changes in PixFiler 5.4.6 (17-Dec-2013)
- PixFiler will now handle image files that have been moved much better. Even if you move your photo collection to a new location on your hard drive or network server, PixFiler will automatically fix this in a few minutes.
- some performance improvements when the photos/database are stored on a networks server. Especially noticeable when using a wireless network.
- pasting text into the search field at the top of the PixFiler main form did not work. You can now paste text into this field by pressing ctrl+v when the cursor is in the search field.
- the thumbnail category tag did sometimes show wrong number of categories.
Changes in PixFiler 5.4.5 (23-Oct-2013)
- Added support for a lot of new raw file formats. PixFiler now supports more than 500 cameras.
- some modifications to the locking system makes PixFiler more responsive when used by multiple users.
- the thumbnail creation window will now close much faster then you click on the "close" button during photo import.
- automatic rotation is now default when supported by camera.
- fixed a category problem. Sometimes categories would still be listed in the Navigator View even if the category was deleted.
- some improvements in the routine that looks for a file if it had been moved to another folder.
- fixed a problem when exporting large amounts of photos. An error message would pop up after the export had been running for some time.
Changes in PixFiler 5.4.4 (22-May-2013)
- viewing location on a map did not work because of a change in MapQuest.
Changes in PixFiler 5.4.3 (16-May-2013)
- added a new report laypout that can display company logo in the header.
- added support for RW2 raw format for Panasonic
- added limited support for NRW raw format for Nikon
- some adjustments to some reports.
- places and events containing apostrophe did not work correctly in the Navigator View.
- the "read only" setting during installation did not work.
Changes in PixFiler 5.4.2 (25-Feb-2013)
- all annotations for a photo can now be copied to the clipboard (right-click menu).
- fixed a problem when editing CD label. Sometimes it would edit another label than the one you selected.
- the Advanced Search form will now use the same sort order as set in Preferences.
- the CD name would be printed on top of photos stored on CDs if a cached version were shown.
- sometimes places would be listed under 'Folders' in the Navigator View.
Changes in PixFiler 5.4.1 (26-Dec-2012)
- when printing reports to a printer, the photos will now have a thin black frame. This makes photos with light colors look better.
- improved error checking when sending emails.
- reports would sometimes randomly show annotations for a wrong photo.
- creating web pages would sometimes show a message that the photo is corrupt.
- problems could occure the photo index name consisted of non-English characters
Changes in PixFiler 5.4 (01-Nov-2012)
- PixFiler can now automatically stack image files with the same name
- thumbnails will have a double frame if there are attached photos to this photo
- changed the way categories are shown below the photo. This should make them easier to read if multi level categories.
- the special category TO_BE_DESCRIBED can now be disabled.
- new plaaces, events and categories will now appear in Navigator View instantly.
- the license code will now be automatically pasted into the code field when registering the program.
- the Early Bird offer could crash the program (only in trial version).
- deleting photos from your disk did not work when multiple files were selected.
- sometimes a black aera would be left at the bottom of the thumbnail view when resizing thumbnails.
- sometimes renaming of categories did not work.
Changes in PixFiler 5.3.5 (11-Sep-2012)
- no thumbnails would appear if PixFiler was installed for the first time on a computer. This problem did not appear if you upgraded from an earlier version.
Changes in PixFiler 5.3.4 (31-Aug-2012)
- photos could not be removed from a category using Bulk Update.
- sometimes duplicate keywords were stored making the database bigger and less effective than necessary.
- some minor bugfixes.
Changes in PixFiler 5.3.3 (08-Jun-2012)
- words typed in quotes could only be searched by using quotes. You can now search without the quotes. If you want to search for a set of words entered in quotes, you still have to use the quotes when searching.
- the trial version of PixFiler could sometimes crash when exiting the program on Windows 7.
Changes in PixFiler 5.3.2 (01-May-2012)
- some parts of the program did not work correctly if one of the photo folders had an apostrophe in the name.
- the amount of sharpening added to the full view photos have been reduced so it only compensate for resizing the photo.
- some users running Windows Vista were unable to store settings and license code.
Changes in PixFiler 5.3.1 (02-Apr-2012)
- fixed a problem that could crash the program if running on Parallels on a Mac
- repositioned the "Close" button in the Information Window. This could get outside the screen making it difficult to close the window
- a non-image file could be set as default image in the Image Files Form. PixFiler would then say this file is corrupt
- sending the Event Log file to our server could crash the program on Windows 7
Changes in PixFiler 5.3 (23-Jan-2012)
- photos can now be dragged from PixFiler to other programs or folders
- Select which image file types you want PixFiler to add to the photo index
- Shortscuts to the My documents and My pictures folders when adding new photos
- Export parts of a photo index
- Improved import capabilities. You can now add photos from another index, including descriptions
- Improved image rotation
- category names can now have lower case letters in them
- IPTC keywords can be extracted from the image file
- faster thumbnail creation for new photos
Changes in PixFiler 5.2.0 (28-Mar-2008)
- number of photos are now shown in the Navigator View
- search by some EXIF data in Navigator View
- set margins for some printer reports
- adjust text sizes in printer reports
- added raw support for several new cameras
- form for selecting reports has been improved
- starting multiple instances of PixFiler could cause problems. This is not possible anymore
- introduced more multi threading to make the software make better use of dual and quad core processors.
- improved speed of adding new photos to the database
- improved error reporting
- sometimes Id would 'disappear when you annotated a photo.
- deleting database would cause program to crash on startup. It will now ask you to select another database or create a new